At Virtusize, we help consumers purchase clothes that they will truly love.
At the core of our business is a size recommendation service — that allows millions of users to visualize size data and make comparisons with items they already own. We provide data services for the largest fashion companies across Asia and have been doing so since 2013. We are a Forbes Japan Top 200 startup backed by VCs such as D4V, Yahoo Japan, and more.
We are now looking for the second member of our Data Science team to play a key role in helping Virtusize becoming the standard solution for size and fit in the Asian online fashion industry and beyond.
With 13 nationalities represented across our small team, you will be a part of one of the few startups in Japan with a truly international presence. We strive to build a working environment built on diversity and inclusion: we want to hire, train, compensate and promote people coming for all backgrounds, genders and ways of life.
• Healthy and sustainable working habits.
• Promoting a creative, inclusive and efficient work environment through flexible hours.
• Adapting to individual situations through remote working or flexible working arrangements.
• Mentorship and learning opportunities from other team members as an important part of growing your career.
Here are examples of tasks and projects you might work on:
• Creating/owning client performance dashboards to track the business' success metrics
• Monitor uptime, latency, and integration optimizations that affect client performance
• Collaborating with the design and development teams to determine how our service could be optimized to suit the needs of customers
• Develop predictive systems and create efficient algorithms to improve data quality and user experience
• Design and build data analysis systems for large data sets
• Mine and analyze data to drive optimizations and product development
• Identify trends and opportunities that will further our future growth
• Help develop A/B testing framework
You will be working alongside an inspiring cross-functional team and will be part of our product lifecycle, including sprint plannings, retrospectives and product reviews. Our senior team members will provide consequent learning opportunities, and should you wish to, you will be able to mentor younger contributors.
• Expertise in Python (pandas, numpy, jupyter notebook, etc.)
• A good understanding of SQL
• Strong experience in data analysis, data visualization and/or database management
• Business-level English language skills (Japanese language skills are a plus!)
• Has previously worked in e-commerce, advertising tech, and/or web solution providers
• Experience with computer vision and building ML models (OpenCV, Tensorflow, etc)