At Virtusize, we help consumers purchase clothes that they will truly love.
At the core of our business is a size recommendation service — that allows millions of users to visualize size data and make comparisons with items they already own. We provide data services for the largest fashion companies across Asia and have been doing so since 2013. We are a Forbes Japan Top 200 startup backed by VCs such as D4V, Yahoo Japan, and more.
We are now looking for a frontend engineer who will have a key role in helping Virtusize becoming the standard solution for size and fit in the Asian online fashion industry and beyond.
With 13 nationalities represented across our small team, you will be a part of one of the few startups in Japan with a truly international presence. We strive to build a working environment built on diversity and inclusion: we want to hire, train, compensate and promote people coming for all backgrounds, genders and ways of life.
• Architect, implement and maintain user-facing features
• Write client-side code for web-based solutions, develop prototypes
• Optimize applications for scale and speed. Support clients from desktop to mobile devices
• Follow best practices
• Work in cross-functional teams
• Use moderns libraries, frameworks, and tools (linting, testing, building, bundling)
• Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages.
• Ability to speak and write English fluently and idiomatically.
• Strong visual skills - ability to implement complex animation and visuals
• High fidelity - ability to implement close to the requested design
• BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
• SVG rendering knowledge
• Experience with Python
• Understanding of modern backend architecture, devops (AWS, Docker) and Continuous Integration
• Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed
• Ability to speak Japanese
We believe in offering competitive compensation packages in order to attract and retain top talent. Some examples of what we offer are:
• Competitive salary and benefits, negotiable depending on experience
• 25 days of paid holiday
• Flexible working conditions
• Coverage of hardware and software expenses
• Regular training and team-building activities
• Remote or hybrid work
• Great office with standing desks, lounge and workshop areas